Thursday, June 5, 2008

Getting to Know My Blog


Hello blog-world. I’ve just started this blog, so I’ve decided to answer a few questions you might be having about it.


1. Why are you starting a blog? 1) My sister told me to. 2) Hopefully it’ll motivate my friends to start blogs. 3) It’ll give me a platform to talk about things that I think are important. 4) I would like to know what people think about what I think and… 5) As conceited as this is, I like to talk about myself.


2. Will you ever get bored of blogging and stop posting regularly? I’m going to try really hard to be a good blogger. Unless I loose interest or it turns out I suck at it, I’m planning on doing 4-5 posts a week.


3. Your title is very cool: First of all, that’s a statement, not a question; but I’ll respond anyways. I brainstormed with sister for a little bit and finally settled on “Insert clever title here”. I’m still not sure if I like it. When I first thought of the title I was pretty impressed at my cleverness, but I’m worried that I’m coming across as trying too hard to be funny. But for now, it’ll do.


4. What sorts of things are you going to post? There won’t be one specific theme of the blog, mostly because I just don’t know enough about one subject. I’ll just go throughout my life and whenever I think about something post-worthy I’ll post it. Here are some things that I might blog about: psychology, politics, current events, religion, my life.


5. How many people do you think will read your blog? Well sense I’m awesome, I imagine I’ll probably have millions* of loyal viewers.


6. You’ve got me interested, but I’m still not sure if I'll like your blog yet. Do you have any experience blogging? I kept up a journal through middle school and a blog’s kind of like a journal. My friend Sam used to read my journal entries and he seemed to like them. Last February my friends and I decided to start a Youtube blog, but that lasted only one episode. A couple of months ago I started a blog but I lost interest before I got to the first post. So I don’t have much experience, so I guess I could suck at it.


7. I’m a stalker. Can I stalk you? Feel free to stalk me. I’m actually flattered. I mean, as long as you don’t rape or kill me or anything, go for it. But to be honest, I’m probably not worth stalking. It’d be much more fun to stalk someone like my sister. Here’s a link to her blog. Have fun!

*By millions, I mean Sam and Kirsten.

8 comments:

John said...

Jacob, I get the honor of being your first comment on your second blog.

Anonymous said...

Surprise! I actually read this the day it was created! I enjoyed it and can't wait to tune in to future postings. It may be nice to know ahead of time however, if the subject matter is going to be something like "places to urinate"

Miss Candy Anderson said...

hahha you make me laugh Jake, you better keep this up. I love you interviewing yourself.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Whooooooooooo, 2 and 1/2 shout outs already. I’ve got to admit I’m feeling pretty sweet. You have my approval on your first post, practical and informative.

Alli said...

oh and we are all so glad you are blogging. to read kirsten's hot younger brothers blog should be interesting. as long as you are half as funny as your sister is it should go well to you.

Anonymous said...

"5. How many people do you think will read your blog? Well sense I’m awesome"

I believe you meant since not "sense"
what is that two points for me?

Jacob said...

Not bad Scott. You got 5 points tonight which puts you into first place.